North Korea’s vice foreign minister blamed President Donald Trump (top right) on Friday for ‘making trouble’ through his ‘aggressive tweets’ as tensions rise over the possibility the regime will launch another nuclear weapons test. Vice Minister Han Song Ryol (top left) sat down for an interview with the Associated Press on the eve of the country’s biggest national holiday, the ‘Day of the Sun’ amid increasingly bitter words between the two countries. Han accused Trump of building up a ‘vicious cycle’ of tensions and warned the US against provoking North Korea militarily. He said: ‘We will go to war if they choose.’ His ministry also warned ‘thermo-nuclear war may break out any time’. The remarks came hours after a member of the Trump administration denied a report claiming the US was prepared to launch a pre-emptive strike to halt any nuclear test at the weekend. North Korea blames Trump and the U.S. for the rising tensions, according to Han, who cited US-South Korean wargames, the deployment of a US aircraft carrier to the peninsula last weekend, as well as Trump’s recent tweets on Tuesday that the North is ‘looking for trouble’. Pictured main, Kim Jong-un, inset, an undated photo released by state media on April 13, showing the regime’s special operation forces.
Archive for April 14th, 2017
‘Multiple Indiana beaches have been shut down following a spill of wastewater containing hexavalent chromium, a highly toxic chemical linked to cancer. The United States Steel company reported the leak occurred on Tuesday due to equipment failure at its Portage, Indiana, plant, a lapse that “resulted in a chemical leak into the waterway that forced the shutdown of a drinking water intake along Lake Michigan and several nearby beaches,” the Northwest Indiana Times explained.
Local outlet The Indy Channel also documented the circumstances, acknowledging the release of hexavalent chromium into the water:
The USS Midwest Plant reported that they had a spill into the Burns Waterway Tuesday afternoon. The Environmental Protection Agency says the spill contained hexavalent chromium from the US Steel facility in Portage, Indiana.’
- Putin’s Father Of All Bombs is packed with 44 tons of explosives to be detonated
- Mother Of All Bombs belonging to the US Air Force carries 11 tons of explosives
- Although US version is bigger in size and weight, the Russians’ is more powerful
- Added to the four times more TNT, the FOAB’s burning temperature is also higher
Vladimir Putin has a weapon four times more powerful than the US’ monster bomb that killed 36 ISIS militants in Afghanistan.
The Mother Of All Bombs, which belongs to the US Air Force, weighs a staggering 21,600lbs and is packed with 11 tons of explosives.
But the Russian version weighs just 15,560lbs and is packed with 44 tons of explosive TNT which obliterates anything in its blast zone, which is twice that of the US’ MOAB.
‘An anonymous senior US official told CNN that, while the US allegedly has proof that Damascus is responsible for the chemical incident in Idlib, Syria, it has uncovered no such evidence implicating Moscow, because Russia is wilier in scrambling its communications.
The anonymous official reportedly told the American news channel that the US intelligence community had intercepted communications ‘featuring Syrian military and chemical experts talking about preparations for the sarin attack in Idlib last week.’ While the source failed to provide any concrete details about the alleged communication – such when it was intercepted or what names or other information it contained – they did note that the US ‘did not know prior to the attack it was going to happen.’
The 21,000-pound (9,525 kg) bomb was dropped in the Achin district of the Nangarhar province in eastern Afghanistan.
The Pentagon has confirmed the use of the MOAB, and is currently assessing damage. General John Nicholson, commander of US forces in Afghanistan, signed off on its use, CNN reported. Authority was also sought from General Joseph Votel, commander of US Central Command (CENTCOM).
he Air Force developed the MOAB in 2003, but it had never been used in combat until 7pm local time on Thursday.
The use of the bomb comes as the US involvement in Afghanistan heads into its 16th year in the fall, and days after a US Special Forces operator was killed in the same region.