- DailyMail.com reveals just how closely linked Clinton is to PAC which gave massive donation to Virginia politician married to FBI deputy director
- Common Good VA gave $500,000 to Jill McCabe whose husband Andrew ran probe into Clinton’s secret server which ended with no prosecution
- PAC is controlled by Terry McAuliffe, Virginia governor and Clinton ultra-loyalist – and Hillary headlined fundraiser just before it gave McCabe cash
- On top of that series of Clinton powerhouses have been on payroll of PAC including Robby Mook, her campaign manager
- And Clinton family financiers poured cash into its coffers, including Doug Band, who was Bill Clinton’s closest aide
- McCabe denies conflict of interest but one group said of $500,000 donation: ‘It looks like a payoff.’
- Campaign won’t say if Clinton met Jill McCabe at fundraiser
Hillary Clinton headlined a major fundraiser for a political action committee shortly before the group steered nearly $500,000 to the wife of the FBI official who oversaw the Clinton email investigation, DailyMail.com has learned.
Clinton’s ties to the Common Good VA – a Virginia state PAC run by Clinton’s long-time friend and advisor Terry McAuliffe, its governor – came under scrutiny this week after the Wall Street Journal reported that the group donated heavily to the state senate campaign of Jill McCabe.
Her husband Andrew McCabe led the FBI investigation into Clinton’s emails.
Andrew McCabe, now the deputy director of the FBI, told the Wall Street Journal that he complied with federal ethics rules and was not promoted to lead the Clinton probe until months after his wife’s unsuccessful state senate bid ended.
So close: Hillary Clinton headlines a fundraiser for the Common Good VA and walks on stage with Terry McAuliffe, the Virginia governor who controls its cash. That month it started channeling money to Jill McCabe’s campaign
Show me the money: Clinton was used to get donors to have over cash to Common Good VA – and then it handed it to the FBI boss’s wife’s campaign
Husband and wife: Jill McCabe ran for Virginia state senate with PAC cash from a fund linked to McAuliffe, while her husband Andrew investigated Clinton’s email scandal