- Caroline Steinbrecher’s son Jake was prescribed Clonidine for ADHD
- Last October, he was hospitalized for an overdose causing brain swelling
- It was determined his medication was mixed incorrectly by a pharmacist
- Earlier this month Jake, 8, was again hospitalized and died
- Caroline believes the hospital is directly at fault in her son’s death
- However, an autopsy for the child is still pending
An eight-year-old boy is dead after a pharmacy accidentally increased his dosage 1,000 times what he was prescribed, his mother claims.
Jake Steinbrecher’ was prescribed Clonidine, which is used to treat high blood pressure and ADHD symptoms – a medication the boy took for three years for hyperactivity.
However, in October of 2015, Jake had a severely adverse reaction to the medicine.
He was taken to the hospital where doctors revealed the child’s brain was swelling.
Caroline Steinbrecher’s (pictured, top) son Jake, 8, (pictured, bottom) was prescribed Clonidine, which is used to treat high blood pressure and ADHD symptoms