06 May 2013 Before Sunday’s shutdown of Palisades Nuclear Power Plant, about 79 gallons of diluted [?!?] radioactive water were released into Lake Michigan, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission said Monday, May 6. The cause of the increase in volume of leaking water is unknown, according to an event report Palisades filed with the NRC. “The licensee has been operating with SIRW leakage at a rate of less than 34 gallons per day. The leakage has increased for unknown reasons to a calculated value of approximately 90 gallons per day,” the report stated. The plant began the shutdown at 1:12 a.m. Sunday after the tank was declared inoperable.
Radioactive water released into Lake Michigan before Palisades nuclear plant shutdown Sunday
May 9, 2013 by ajfloyd
Posted in enviroment, science | Tagged Entergy, Gallon, LAKE MICHIGAN, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Palisades Nuclear Generating Station, Palisades Nuclear Power Plant, Radioactive decay, Sunday | 1 Comment
Comments are closed.
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,934,361 hits
- When Truth-Telling Becomes Russian Propaganda
- First Major Clinical Trials Show Magic Mushrooms Heal Mental Illness Like A ‘Surgical Intervention’
- House Passes Massive $611 Billion New Military Spending Bill (Preparing for a new era of ‘peace’, right?)
- The CIA and the Media: 50 Facts the World Needs to Know
- The Corporate Media’s Gulag of the Mind
- 20 Million Muslims March Against ISIS and The Mainstream Media Completely Ignores It
- Death Toll Rises from Alleged ‘Thunderstorm Asthma’, Thousands Hospitalized in Australia
- CIA MKULTRA: Drugs to Ruin the Nation
- Oil Prices Spike As OPEC Reaches Deal On Production Cut
- Mass Poisonings of Black People in USA Exposed by White Scientist!
- Somali refugee ranted about how he was ‘sick and tired of seeing my fellow Muslim brothers being killed and tortured’ on social media hours before wounding 11 in Ohio State knife and car attack
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In