06 May 2013 Before Sunday’s shutdown of Palisades Nuclear Power Plant, about 79 gallons of diluted [?!?] radioactive water were released into Lake Michigan, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission said Monday, May 6. The cause of the increase in volume of leaking water is unknown, according to an event report Palisades filed with the NRC. “The licensee has been operating with SIRW leakage at a rate of less than 34 gallons per day. The leakage has increased for unknown reasons to a calculated value of approximately 90 gallons per day,” the report stated. The plant began the shutdown at 1:12 a.m. Sunday after the tank was declared inoperable.
Radioactive water released into Lake Michigan before Palisades nuclear plant shutdown Sunday
May 9, 2013 by ajfloyd
Posted in enviroment, science | Tagged Entergy, Gallon, LAKE MICHIGAN, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Palisades Nuclear Generating Station, Palisades Nuclear Power Plant, Radioactive decay, Sunday | 1 Comment
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,925,894 hits
- Bob Dylan’s embrace of Israel’s war crimes
- Radiation detected on Hanford work crew
- Haiti Relief Efforts Fail to Address Mounting Humanitarian Crisis. What Happens to the Money?
- Hillary Campaign Bus Dumps Shit In Public Street, ‘Unaware’ They Weren’t Supposed To
- The Story Changes: The Pentagon Is No Longer Sure Yemen Fired Missiles At US Warship
- Revealed, 18 common herbs and how they could cure everything from ulcers to flatulence
- Only In The World Of American Media Is Syria A Civil War
- AMERICA’S F-35 VS RUSSIA’S S400 – WHO WINS ?
- Deutsche Bank To Fire Another 10,000 Bankers, Bringing Total Layoffs To 20% Of Workforce
- Alabama father who sodomized and murdered his daughter, eight, before reporting her missing is sentenced to 100 years prison
- Global Elites Are Getting Ready To Blame You For The Coming Financial Crash
- US and Saudis to grant 9,000 ISIS fighters free passage from Iraqi Mosul to Syria – source
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In