When Racketeering is Heralded As ‘Development’. The Demise of India’s Farmer in Favor of Western Agribusiness
February 11, 2013 by ajfloyd
In his January editorial piece in Kisan Ki Awaaz (National Magazine of the Farmer’s Voice), Krishan Bir Chaudhary claims there is a conscious attempt by officialdom in India to remove farmers from farming.
If his claim were to be valid, it would come as little surprise when we consider that, due to the restructuring of agriculture in favour of Western agribusiness, over 250,000 farmers have committed suicide in India since 1997. If there is such as ploy, the strategy would appear to be going according to plan. And that’s not even factoring in the unconstitutional land grabs that have booted farmers off their lands to make way for nuclear power plants, various ‘developments’ or ‘special economic zones’.
Comments are closed.
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,934,869 hits
- Job Market Rolling Over: Rate Of Hiring Declines At Fastest Pace Since 2013
- Moscow slams West for staying silent on Russian hospital bombing
- You’ll Think Twice About Buying Bottled Water After This!!
- $125billion down the drain: Pentagon learns how to save billions, decides against it – report
- Pearl Harbor False Flag 75th Anniversary: Time to Admit the Deception
- When Truth-Telling Becomes Russian Propaganda
- First Major Clinical Trials Show Magic Mushrooms Heal Mental Illness Like A ‘Surgical Intervention’
- House Passes Massive $611 Billion New Military Spending Bill (Preparing for a new era of ‘peace’, right?)
- The CIA and the Media: 50 Facts the World Needs to Know
- The Corporate Media’s Gulag of the Mind
- 20 Million Muslims March Against ISIS and The Mainstream Media Completely Ignores It
- Death Toll Rises from Alleged ‘Thunderstorm Asthma’, Thousands Hospitalized in Australia
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In