When Racketeering is Heralded As ‘Development’. The Demise of India’s Farmer in Favor of Western Agribusiness
February 11, 2013 by ajfloyd
In his January editorial piece in Kisan Ki Awaaz (National Magazine of the Farmer’s Voice), Krishan Bir Chaudhary claims there is a conscious attempt by officialdom in India to remove farmers from farming.
If his claim were to be valid, it would come as little surprise when we consider that, due to the restructuring of agriculture in favour of Western agribusiness, over 250,000 farmers have committed suicide in India since 1997. If there is such as ploy, the strategy would appear to be going according to plan. And that’s not even factoring in the unconstitutional land grabs that have booted farmers off their lands to make way for nuclear power plants, various ‘developments’ or ‘special economic zones’.
Comments are closed.
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,948,745 hits
- Untold Story of the Clintons Cashing In on HIV/AIDS Sufferers
- Netanyahu to Putin: Israeli airstrikes in Syria will continue
- Security Alert: Windows 10 Has Been Quietly Logging EVERY KEYSTROKE You Type And Sending It To Microsoft (This Is How To Stop It)
- Everything you search for on Google is now easily obtained by police
- Mandatory vaccine push by Big Pharma tied to Australian Prime Minister’s wife
- Seventeen Ohio Cities File Lawsuit To Stop 5G Cell Towers Everywhere
- US Deception: The West’s ‘Peaceful Revolution’ Narrative in Syria Was a Lie From the Beginning
- Ukrainian Soldiers Caught Planting Car Bombs in Donbass. Guess Who Trained Them?
- Two High-Level Government Child Trafficking Rings Busted And American Media Is Silent
- Vaccinations Are Child Endangerment
- North Korea Threatens US With “Merciless Strikes” As US Carrier Arrives
- US-led coalition airstrike kills 10 civilians near Aleppo: Report
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In