When Racketeering is Heralded As ‘Development’. The Demise of India’s Farmer in Favor of Western Agribusiness
February 11, 2013 by ajfloyd
In his January editorial piece in Kisan Ki Awaaz (National Magazine of the Farmer’s Voice), Krishan Bir Chaudhary claims there is a conscious attempt by officialdom in India to remove farmers from farming.
If his claim were to be valid, it would come as little surprise when we consider that, due to the restructuring of agriculture in favour of Western agribusiness, over 250,000 farmers have committed suicide in India since 1997. If there is such as ploy, the strategy would appear to be going according to plan. And that’s not even factoring in the unconstitutional land grabs that have booted farmers off their lands to make way for nuclear power plants, various ‘developments’ or ‘special economic zones’.
Comments are closed.
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,952,887 hits
- Groundwater drunk by BILLIONS of people may be contaminated by radioactive material spread across the world by nuclear testing in the 1950s
- 7 Things About The Mainstream Media That They Do Not Want You To Know
- How to Make Sense of Current Events
- Operation Gotham Shield’: US government will ‘simulate 10,000-ton nuke blast over New York and New Jersey’ next week
- YouTube to offer fake news workshops to teenagers
- America’s Peace Making Nukes vs. North Korea’s WMD: Simultaneous Nuclear Weapons Tests by U.S. and North Korea
- Drug overdose deaths overwhelm Maryland medical examiner’s office
- Food, Inc
- White House inhabited by Israeli settlers: PLO official
- 10 Mind Blowing Facts about Trains
- Incredible photographs show indigenous tribal communities in some of the remotest corners of the planet
- US Conducts Successful Field Test Of New Nuclear Bomb
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In