When Racketeering is Heralded As ‘Development’. The Demise of India’s Farmer in Favor of Western Agribusiness
February 11, 2013 by ajfloyd
In his January editorial piece in Kisan Ki Awaaz (National Magazine of the Farmer’s Voice), Krishan Bir Chaudhary claims there is a conscious attempt by officialdom in India to remove farmers from farming.
If his claim were to be valid, it would come as little surprise when we consider that, due to the restructuring of agriculture in favour of Western agribusiness, over 250,000 farmers have committed suicide in India since 1997. If there is such as ploy, the strategy would appear to be going according to plan. And that’s not even factoring in the unconstitutional land grabs that have booted farmers off their lands to make way for nuclear power plants, various ‘developments’ or ‘special economic zones’.
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,914,955 hits
- We Have to Talk About the Boy in the Ambulance…
- What Can We Say About a System that Criminalizes a Safe Painkiller (0 Deaths) and Promotes Big Pharma Opiates that Have Killed 165,000 Americans?
- “I thought you should know”
- Obama and Hillary DID Found ISIS – This 2012 US Government Memo Proves It
- 14 arrested for smuggling Fukushima-irradiated seafood in Shandong
- First Hemp Crop Planted in Maine; Step Toward Nullifying Federal Prohibition
- Growing Up Insane in America
- UN says it was involved in introducing cholera to Haiti
- FDA: Massive Attack on Supplements
- Public Muslims, Secret Jews: A Turkish Sect Faces Crackdown
- Clinton Delegate Explains How Democrats Will Ban All Guns
- More Evidence The Government and Corporations Are the Real Drug Dealers
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In