When Racketeering is Heralded As ‘Development’. The Demise of India’s Farmer in Favor of Western Agribusiness
February 11, 2013 by ajfloyd
In his January editorial piece in Kisan Ki Awaaz (National Magazine of the Farmer’s Voice), Krishan Bir Chaudhary claims there is a conscious attempt by officialdom in India to remove farmers from farming.
If his claim were to be valid, it would come as little surprise when we consider that, due to the restructuring of agriculture in favour of Western agribusiness, over 250,000 farmers have committed suicide in India since 1997. If there is such as ploy, the strategy would appear to be going according to plan. And that’s not even factoring in the unconstitutional land grabs that have booted farmers off their lands to make way for nuclear power plants, various ‘developments’ or ‘special economic zones’.
Comments are closed.
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,920,665 hits
- Netanyahu blocks toilet: Israeli PM needs 20 agents to go to bathroom
- Introducing the Military-Industrial-Elementary School Complex
- Scientists Find Fruit In Australia Capable Of Killing Cancer, Mainstream Media Stays Silent
- Now You Can Find Out If YOUR Doctor Is Being Bribed by Big Pharma
- Puerto Rico Blackout Enters Second Day – Entire Island Of 3.5 Million People Without Power
- Here’s How the US, Israel, al-Qaeda and ISIS Work Together in Syria
- US airstrikes on Syrian troops were ‘intentional,’ lasted nearly 1 hour – Assad to AP
- NY AND NJ BOMBINGS – INSIDE JOB FALSE FLAG CONSPIRACY, PRE-ELECTION
- The Great Cholesterol Deception And Statins
- As American Infrastructure Crumbles, U.S. Announces $38 Billion Israel Military Aid Package
- Biggest German M&A Deal Ever: Monsanto Accepts Bayer’s $66 Billion Takeover Offer, Creating Agri-Giant
- China and Russia launch South China Sea naval wargames
Marcia Alexander on Netanyahu blocks toilet: Israe… Introducing the Mili… on Introducing the Military-Indus… plucassf501 on As American Infrastructure Cru… Nadia Ali on The Privatization of War: Merc… doug brocious on As American Infrastructure Cru… bwcarey on As American Infrastructure Cru… plucassf501 on Race Debate plucassf501 on Congressional Black Caucus: De… Oliver K. Manuel on Congressional Black Caucus: De… joekano76 on An American Deception: Who Wer… lolathecur on Race Debate Oliver K. Manuel on VLAD’S DRIVER KILLED Put… Jaime Jones on America’s Least Powerful Ident… Ken McMurtrie on Australian Meteo Bureau Caught… Oliver K. Manuel on Climate Science is NOT Se…
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In