When Racketeering is Heralded As ‘Development’. The Demise of India’s Farmer in Favor of Western Agribusiness
February 11, 2013 by ajfloyd
In his January editorial piece in Kisan Ki Awaaz (National Magazine of the Farmer’s Voice), Krishan Bir Chaudhary claims there is a conscious attempt by officialdom in India to remove farmers from farming.
If his claim were to be valid, it would come as little surprise when we consider that, due to the restructuring of agriculture in favour of Western agribusiness, over 250,000 farmers have committed suicide in India since 1997. If there is such as ploy, the strategy would appear to be going according to plan. And that’s not even factoring in the unconstitutional land grabs that have booted farmers off their lands to make way for nuclear power plants, various ‘developments’ or ‘special economic zones’.
Comments are closed.
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,926,882 hits
- The Path To Total Dictatorship: America’s “Shadow Government” And Its Silent Coup
- History Of Vitamins: Why Mainstream Rails Against Them As ‘Quackery’
- Obamacare Architect ‘The Law Is Working As Designed,’ ‘We Need a Larger Mandate Penalty’
- Maryland nanny charged in death of eight-month-old baby girl who ‘she force-fed two bottles of milk after the infant woke her up from a nap’
- The Dark Agenda Behind Globalism And Open Borders
- Doesn’t Matter WHO Hacked Podesta, If Emails are TRUE
- This Search Engine Plants A Tree Every Time You Search
- Herd immunity vs. viral shedding: Who’s infecting whom?
- Awakened Humanity Awaits Fully Scripted Ending As Controversial Election Day Nears
- How Merck Popularized Cocaine: German Pharma Corporation Worked With Sigmund Freud
- It’s very cozy at the top…Full monologue: Donald Trump roasts Hillary Clinton at Al Smith charity dinner & Hillary roast Trump
- Desert Farm Grows 17,000 Tons Of Food Without Soil, Pesticides, Fossil Fuels Or Groundwater
lolathecur on The Dark Agenda Behind Globali… halibut on It’s very cozy at the to… plucassf501 on Awakened Humanity Awaits Fully… plucassf501 on It’s very cozy at the to… halibut on It’s very cozy at the to… plucassf501 on Beyond the Gold Standard plucassf501 on It’s very cozy at the to… Desert Farm Grows 17… on Desert Farm Grows 17,000 Tons… Shrey Srivastava on Beyond the Gold Standard depatridge on AMERICA’S F-35 VS RUSSIA… plucassf501 on Obama administration wont fix… depatridge on Yahoo secretly scanned custome… depatridge on Obama administration wont fix… Oliver K. Manuel on Your Children Will… johncoyote on Four caskets are lined up side…
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In