30 Nov 2012 The median net worth of American households has dropped to a 43-year low as the lower and middle classes appear poorer and less stable than they have been since 1969. According to a recent study by New York University economics professor Edward N. Wolff, median net worth is at the decades-low figure of $57,000 (in 2010 dollars). And as the numbers in his study reflect, the situation only appears worse when all the statistics are taken as a whole. According to Wolff, between 1983 and 2010, the percentage of households with less than $10,000 in assets (using constant 1995 dollars) rose from 29.7 percent to 37.1 percent… Over that same period of time, the wealthiest 1 percent of American households increased their average wealth by 71 percent.
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,926,118 hits
- Bob Dylan’s embrace of Israel’s war crimes
- Radiation detected on Hanford work crew
- Haiti Relief Efforts Fail to Address Mounting Humanitarian Crisis. What Happens to the Money?
- Hillary Campaign Bus Dumps Shit In Public Street, ‘Unaware’ They Weren’t Supposed To
- The Story Changes: The Pentagon Is No Longer Sure Yemen Fired Missiles At US Warship
- Revealed, 18 common herbs and how they could cure everything from ulcers to flatulence
- Only In The World Of American Media Is Syria A Civil War
- AMERICA’S F-35 VS RUSSIA’S S400 – WHO WINS ?
- Deutsche Bank To Fire Another 10,000 Bankers, Bringing Total Layoffs To 20% Of Workforce
- Alabama father who sodomized and murdered his daughter, eight, before reporting her missing is sentenced to 100 years prison
- Global Elites Are Getting Ready To Blame You For The Coming Financial Crash
- US and Saudis to grant 9,000 ISIS fighters free passage from Iraqi Mosul to Syria – source
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In