| 29 June 2015 | The ship that was trying to lead a flotilla of aid boats to the blockaded Gaza has arrived to the Israeli port of Ashdod after being apprehended by the Israeli military. It was detained earlier on Monday and there has been no contact with it for hours. It is unclear what is going to happen to the people aboard the vessel, RT reports from the port of Ashdod. They could be detained on the spot or escorted to the Ben Gurion airport to be sent out of Israel first thing Tuesday morning.
- Indicates Newport-Inglewood fault more important than previously thought
- Risk in the next 30 years of ‘big one’ increased from about 4.7% to 7.0%
- However, study says risk of smaller quakes has actually gone down
A huge fault in the Earth’s crust near Los Angeles is leaking helium, researchers have found.
They say the unexpected find sheds new light on the Newport-Inglewood Fault Zone in the Los Angeles Basin.
It reveals the fault is far deeper than previously thought, and a quake would be far more devastating.
It follows a report from the U.S. Geological Survey has warned the risk of ‘the big one’ hitting California has increased dramatically.
Scroll down for video
The Newport–Inglewood Fault extends for 75 kilometers (47 mi) from Culver City southeast to Newport Beach at which point the fault trends east-southeast into the Pacific Ocean
The Newport–Inglewood Fault extends for 75 kilometers (47 mi) from Culver City southeast to Newport Beach at which point the fault trends east-southeast into the Pacific Ocean.
The fault can be seen on the Earth’s surface as line of hills extending from Signal Hill to Culver City.
The fault has a slip rate of approximately 0.6 millimeter/year (0.02 in/year) and is predicted to be capable of a 6.0–7.4 magnitude earthquake on the moment magnitude scale.
The fault was first identified after a 4.9 magnitude quake struck near Inglewood, California on June 21, 1920.
UC Santa Barbara geologist Jim Boles found evidence of helium leakage from the Earth’s mantle along a 30-mile stretch of the Newport-Inglewood Fault Zone in the Los Angeles Basin.
He claims the results show that the Newport-Inglewood fault is deeper than scientists previously thought.
“If you don’t want a man unhappy politically, don’t give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it be all those than that people worry over it…. Give the people contests they win by remembering the words to more popular songs or the names of state capitals or how much corn Iowa grew last year. Cram them full of noncombustible data, chock them so damned full of ‘facts’ they feel stuffed, but absolutely ‘brilliant’ with information. Then they’ll feel they’re thinking, they’ll get a sense of motion without moving. And they’ll be happy, because facts of that sort don’t change.” ― Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
How do you change the way people think? You start by changing the words they use.
With all eyes focused on Greek ATM lines, collapsing Chinese ponzi schemes, and European bank implosions, one could be forgiven for forgetting about another crisis occurring closer to home. As we detailed here, Puerto Rico is now “in a death spiral” and PR bonds are collapsing this morning…
Puerto Rico’s debt is nearly half that of California for a population one-tenth the size… (via WSJ)
–‘Hazardous objects’ were later identified as mortars
| 27 June 2015 | (CA) Discovery of several hazardous objects, on a weekend when the federal government is warning police about terrorism, forced the closure of Route 163 between Balboa Park and Mission Valley on Saturday. San Diego Fire-Rescue dispatchers said their bomb squad was rolling to an undisclosed location on the freeway, north of University Avenue and south of Friars Road. That stretch of Highway 163 includes its interchange with Interstate 8. At around 3:15 p.m., the freeway was once again opened to all traffic.
| 19 June 2015 | The Greek government has confirmed that banks will be closed all week, after a decision by the European Central Bank not to extend emergency funding. In a decree, it cited the “extremely urgent” need to protect the financial system due to the lack of liquidity. Cash withdrawals will be limited to €60 (£42; $66) a day for this period, the decree says.
Following a week in which the Chinese stock bubble popped and a weekend in which the Eurozone bubble followed, it was all up to central banks to stabilize the devstation that would follow should the Plunge Protection Team, now global, not show up.
And while US equities futures were looking grim overnight, China at least started off on the right foot, rising a little over 2% in early trading following China’s scramble to stabilize markets as it knows the alternative could very well be (deadly) civil unrest. And then something unexpected happened: the market did not follow the Chinese central bank script. In fact, as noted earlier, stocks plunged tumbling as much as limit down for CSI-300 futs, and the SHCOMP crashing the most since 1996.
This was not supposed to happen: in fact, with China unleashing the bazooka of the double rate cuts, it was virtually assured that at least China’s stock would rise as the rest of the world tumbled on Greek worries. That it did not was the biggest red flag, far more so than what the Greek referendum reveals this weekend, as it means that after Sweden last week, now China has lost control!
Benefits of Black Seed
- Analgesic (Pain-Killing)
- Gluconeogenesis Inhibitor (Anti-Diabetic)
- Hepatoprotective (Liver Protecting)
- Insulin Sensitizing
- Interferon Inducer
- Leukotriene Antagonist
- Renoprotective (Kidney Protecting)
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha Inhibitor
Black seed has been researched for very specific health conditions. Some of the most compelling applications include:
- Type 2 Diabetes: Two grams of black seed a day resulted in reduced fasting glucose, decreased insulin resistance, increased beta-cell function, and reduced glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) in human subjects.
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection: Black seeds possess clinically useful anti-H. pylori activity, comparable to triple eradication therapy.
- Epilepsy: Black seeds were traditionally known to have anticonvulsive properties. A 2007 study with epileptic children, whose condition was refractory to conventional drug treatment, found that a water extract significantly reduced seizure activity.
- High Blood pressure: The daily use of 100 and 200 mg of black seed extract, twice daily, for 2 months, was found to have a blood pressure-lowering effect in patients with mild hypertension.
- Asthma: Thymoquinone, one of the main active constituents within Nigella sativa (black cumin), is superior to the drug fluticasone in an animal model of asthma.Another study, this time in human subjects, found that boiled water extracts of black seed have relatively potent anti-asthmatic effect on asthmatic airways.
- Acute tonsillopharyngitis: characterized by tonsil or pharyngeal inflammation (i.e. sore throat), mostly viral in origin, black seed capsules (in combination with Phyllanthus niruri) have been found to significantly alleviate throat pain, and reduce the need for pain-killers, in human subjects.
- Chemical Weapons Injury: A randomized, placebo-controlled human study of chemical weapons injured patients found that boiled water extracts of black seed reduced respiratory symptoms, chest wheezing, and pulmonary function test values, as well as reduced the need for drug treatment.
- Colon Cancer: Cell studies have found that black seed extract compares favorably to the chemoagent 5-fluoruracil in the suppression of colon cancer growth, but with a far higher safety profile.Animal research has found that black seed oil has significant inhibitory effects against colon cancer in rats, without observable side effects.
- MRSA: Black seed has anti-bacterial activity against clinical isolates of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- Opiate Addiction/Withdrawal: A study on 35 opiate addicts found black seed as an effective therapy in long-term treatment of opioid dependence.
- Prevents Radiation Damage: Nigella sativa oil (NSO) and its active component, thymoquinone, protect brain tissue from radiation-induced nitrosative stress.
- Protects Against Damage from Heart Attack: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa has a protective effect against damage associated with experimental heart attack.
- Prevents Morphine Dependence/Toxicity: An alcohol extract of nigella sativa reduces morphine-associated conditioned place preference, an indication of morphine intoxication, dependence and tolerance.
- Prevents Kidney Damage Associated with Diabetes: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa has protective effects on experimental diabetic nephropathy.
- Prevents Post-Surgical Adhesions: Covering peritoneal surfaces with Nigella sativa oil (NSO) after peritoneal trauma is effective in decreasing peritoneal adhesion formation in an experimental model.
- Prevents Alzheimer’s Associated Neurotoxicity: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa has protective effects on experimental diabetic prevents neurotoxicity and Aβ1-40-induced apoptosis in the cell model.
- Suppresses Breast Cancer Growth: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa inhibits tumor growth and induces programmed cell death (apoptosis) in a breast cancer xenograft mouse model.
- Exhibits Anti-Psoriasis Properties: The alcohol extract of nigella sativa seeds exhibit anti-psoriatic activity, consistent with its medicinal use in traditional medicine.
- Prevents Brain Pathology Associated with Parkinson’s Disease: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa protects cultured neurons against αSN-induced synaptic toxicity, a pathology observed in the brains of patients with Parkinson’s disease and dementia with Lewy bodies.
- Kills Highly Aggressive Gliobastoma Brain Cancer Cells: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa exhibits glioblastoma cell killing activity.
- Kills Leukemia Cells: A thymoquinone from nigella sativa induces mitochondria-mediated apoptosis in acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in vitro.
- Suppresses Liver Cancer Growth: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa prevents chemically-induced cancer in a rat model.
- Prevents Diabetic Pathologies: A water and alcohol extract of nigella sativa at low doses has a blood-sugar lowering effect and ameliorative effect on regeneration of pancreatic islets, indicating its value as a therapeutic agent in the management of diabetes mellitus.
- Suppresses Cervical Cancer Cell Growth: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa exhibits anti-proliferative, apoptotic and anti-invasive properties in a cervical cancer cell line.
- Prevents Lead-Induced Brain Damage: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa ameliorates lead-induced brain damage in Sprague Dawley rats.
- Kills Oral Cancer Cells: A thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa induces programmed cell death (apoptosis) in oral cancer cells.
Sometimes the biblical reference to ‘faith the size of a mustard seed moving mountains’ comes to mind in connection with natural substances like black seeds. After all, do seeds not contain within them the very hope for continuance of the entire species that bore it? This super-saturated state of the seed, where life condenses itself down into an intensely miniaturized holographic fragment of itself, promising the formation of future worlds within itself, is the very emblem of life’s immense and immortal power.
If we understand the true nature of the seed, how much life (past, present and future) is contained within it, it will not seem so far-fetched that it is capable of conquering antibiotic resistant bacteria, healing the body from chemical weapons poisoning, or stimulate the regeneration of dying insulin-producing beta cells in the diabetic, to name but only a fraction of black seed’s experimentally-confirmed powers.
From The Economic Collapse Blog:
Ever since I started The Economic Collapse Blog in late 2009, I have never issued any kind of “red alert” for any specific period of time. As an attorney, I was trained to be level-headed and to only come to conclusions that were warranted by the evidence. So this is not something that I am doing lightly. Based on information that I have received, things that I have been told, and thousands of hours of research that have gone into the publication of more than 1,300 articles about our ongoing economic collapse, I have come to the conclusion that a major financial collapse is imminent.
Therefore, I am issuing a RED ALERT for the last six months of 2015.
To clarify, when I say “imminent” I do not mean that it will happen within the next 48 hours. And I am not saying that our problems will be “over” once we get to the end of 2015. In fact, I believe that the truth is that our problems will only be just beginning as we enter 2016.
What I am attempting to communicate is that we are right at the door of a major turning point. About this time of the year back in 2008, my wife and I went to visit her parents. As we sat in their living room, I explained to them that we were on the verge of a major financial crisis, and of course the events that happened a few months later showed that I was right on the money.
This time around, I wish that I could visit the living rooms of all of my readers and explain to them why we are on the verge of another major financial crisis. Unfortunately, that is not possible, but hopefully this article will suffice. Please share it with your friends, your family and anyone else that you want to warn about what is coming.
Some thoughts from Bloomberg’s Richard Breslow, author of “trader’s notes” on what is going through panicked traders’ heads, who writes that “well before any markets open, the minds of traders are racing furiously. What do I do with my positions? Arguments can be made for most outcomes, and commentary will follow price action, not the other way around.” Yes, because chasing momentum up for 7 years obivious of reality and ignorant of a $22 trillion central bank balance sheet led the “deer in headlights” to profitable utopiua.
Bashing of idiot momos aside, those who have had the “commentary” right every day since 2009 only to get steamrolled by central banks who have injected countless funny money into so-called “markets” to preserve the illusion of the status quo may be about to get their day in the sun… unless the central banks lob every last bazooka they have to prevent what could well be an epic carry-unwind bloodbath, and the beginning of the end of “faith-based” “markets.”
Here are some more thoughts from Breslow:
Reasoned market analysis will have to allow for stop losses getting off-side — or panic-struck or trying to be prudent — traders back to neutral, the potential consequences of the markets desks of every major central bank being on high alert and prepared to act (“plunge protection teams,” to use the vernacular of the financial crisis), as well as the frustrating reality of it being Sunday evening, which means markets will open ad seriatim and only slowly.
Those that are open will have to bear the brunt of whatever imperfect hedging can be done, while opportunity-seeking will only come as the day progresses. For now, all one can look to is the tiny Auckland FX market. Any headlines from there will signify nothing as Monday unfolds.
The reality is that the price of playing poker has just gone up considerably. Greece is counting on the referendum ploy to both win a little time and shock the negotiators into compromise. Their banks can’t open tomorrow. They have added their banking sector to the pot. The ECB has frozen ELA financing. Merkel, Hollande, and presumably most others will hold emergency cabinet meetings Monday.
The IMF has perhaps provided the most interesting tell when Managing Director Lagarde said that negotiations could be revived if Greek voters show they want to stay in the euro area
“If there was a resounding ‘yes, we want to stay in the euro for good, we want to be part of that, we want to restore the status of the economy, we want to be sustainable in the long run,’’ there would be a resounding ’let us try’”
That is why some resolution still remains the base case; but that will provide little solace to those who have to trade in a few hours.
So where does that leave us? CFTC data, a very imperfect gauge, tells us that if anything, speculative positions (long USD, short bonds) have been pared back. My working assumption, based on market movement, is that this crept back up over the course of last week, and those new positions, at the worst prices, will be most vulnerable.
Bund and UST futures closed Friday on the week’s low. Will people feel good about being short bunds that dropped almost 2 points from last Monday’s high? Unlikely. But bund futures open 8 hours after electronic trading in the U.S. 10Y future. My guess is the 10Y can get to last Monday’s high (1 1/2 big figures from here) before you take a stab at fading. I’d rather sell a new low. But I still don’t like bonds, and if they get silly toward the June 19 high, the charts say, yoo-hoo Fed watchers.
When FX markets open in Auckland, for all practical purposes only EUR, JPY, AUD and NZD will trade against the USD. Again positions will trump logic. That means JPY should do well; watch multiple June post-Kuroda USD/JPY lows circa 122.50
Carry trades being covered aside, the argument for a sustained higher EUR/USD is tenuous at best. “Whatever it takes” does not include tightening and the interest differential between bunds and USTs is not going to narrow
The top side has loads of resistance, 1.1250 to start; through 1.1050 and the technicians will be crying out for a retest of the May 27, 1.0850 low
E-Minis will also need to bear the brunt of any hedging needs from a European equity market that saw Euro Stoxx 50 futures rise over 100 points last week. It may well require seeing how Chinese stocks open, oh so many hours from now, to judge where this asset class is going. But I assume we are in for a period of relative underperformance of European stocks so I wouldn’t get too carried away selling U.S. equities. On the wide, technically, E-Minis look well supported just above 2070. The Hang Seng CEI opens at 9:15pm ET. After this weekend’s PBOC rate move, the gap from April 2 should hold as a good indicator of the next period in Chinese equities.
Markets haven’t opened yet. Just some thoughts before they do. This is why traders get paid the big bucks.
* * *
Yes, “big bucks”, no pun intended, until the light shines on them and there is no plunge protection team to bail them out.
Buy-The-Dipping, “Greece doesn’t matter”, Escape-velocity-forecasting, QE-front-running, Central-Bank-believing asset gatherers everywhere must be salivating at this ‘healthy correction’ opportunity…
As Jonathan Krinsky ( @jkrinskygpa ) noted, this is the world’s equity traders right now…
With EURUSD making fresh lows at 1.0955… as more FX broker platforms come online. EURCHF is down over 1%
US equity futures open down hard…
But Greece was rescued, right?
- *TREASURY 10-YEAR FUTURES RISE 1 1/2 TO 126 17/32
Which implies a 20bps plunge in yields!
This might have something to do that that collapse…
- *WTI OIL OPENS 79 CENTS LOWER AT $58.84 A BARREL IN NEW YORK
- *GOLD FUTURES CLIMB 1% TO $1,184.60/OZ IN NEW YORK
Unleash The Bullard
Posted in economics, foreign policy, government, military | Tagged Army Colonel Steve Warren, military training, pentagon, President Bashar al Assad, Syria, Syrian military force, Syrian rebels | 3 Comments »
One of the ways to know pretty quick if a shooting is a false flag (fake/staged) is by seeing if there was a drill.. Literally the last 22 shootings in a row there was a drill in that exact same location for a shooting the day of the shooting or prior. Where there is a drill there is a hoax. We are talking Sandy Hook, Aurora theater shooting, Elliot Rodger, Marysville School shooting, Moncton school shooting, Taft school shooting,Ottawa School shooting, this latest one, the one before that, the one before that, ALL THE MASS SHOOTINGS had a drill with 24 hours of the reported “incident”. Watch this video.
‘This week the US Congress gave a big boost to the International anti BDS Campaign.
On Wednesday, Congress passed another piece of anti-boycott legislation, potentially even more important in its impact, as part of a trade deal with the European Union’s Trade Promotion Authority.
Essentially, the amendment states that if EU countries want free trade with the US, they can’t engage in politically motivated boycotts against Israel, including areas that came under Israel’s control in the Six Day War.
Needles to say, Zion reacted favourably to this move as is reflected in their ‘battle’ as it moves from headlines in their press to the Editorial Pages. Below is how the English language mouthpiece of the Israeli Government, The Jerusalem Post views the situation in today’s Editorial.’