06 May 2013 Before Sunday’s shutdown of Palisades Nuclear Power Plant, about 79 gallons of diluted [?!?] radioactive water were released into Lake Michigan, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission said Monday, May 6. The cause of the increase in volume of leaking water is unknown, according to an event report Palisades filed with the NRC. “The licensee has been operating with SIRW leakage at a rate of less than 34 gallons per day. The leakage has increased for unknown reasons to a calculated value of approximately 90 gallons per day,” the report stated. The plant began the shutdown at 1:12 a.m. Sunday after the tank was declared inoperable.
Radioactive water released into Lake Michigan before Palisades nuclear plant shutdown Sunday
May 9, 2013 by ajfloyd
Posted in enviroment, science | Tagged Entergy, Gallon, LAKE MICHIGAN, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Palisades Nuclear Generating Station, Palisades Nuclear Power Plant, Radioactive decay, Sunday | 1 Comment
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,835,782 hits
- Ex-Catholic priest, 83, is arrested for the murder of beauty queen, 25, whose body was found face down in a canal 56 years ago, days after he heard her confession
- Will American Law Enforcement Lie, Cheat and Forge Police Reports? Answer: Yes.
- A Monstrous IMF Secret Is Going Viral: You Won’t Believe What They’re Doing! You’ll Be Enflamed
- By Dawn’s Early Light / FULL Movie (1990) James Earl Jones
- NUCLEAR ATTACK or Russian Proton Rocket Mishap ?
- Workers Threw Out U.S. Nuclear Secrets With Common Rubbish for 20 Years
- If you’re plugged into broadcast media or social media, your thoughts are not your own
- Monsanto Exposed As Source For White Phosphorus Used In Gaza Massacre
- Last of the sea gypsies: Fascinating images of the nomadic Borneo tribe who spend their lives on the water
- Highly radioactive leak found at New York nuclear plant
- Radiation Alert: L.A. Gas Well Spewing Lethal Levels Of Breathable Nuclear Material: ‘Fukushima Class Disaster’
Handy WebsitesFree Look Ups Travel Rules from TSA
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In