As a “foreigner” (Australian and living there), I cannot relate to the actual situation throughout the USA
However I can certainly relate to the meaning of this article – there exists serious injustice within America for people’s rights in several areas, particularly, it seems, in education and voting rights. And there are questions being asked and decisions to be made.
If this is indeed the case it seems appropriate to publish this article. I could say in the hope of enlightening the un-enlightened, which might be possible, and in the hope of contributing to the cause of justice and equality which appears to be lacking.
Contributing I can do, but having confidence that it is not a waste of time is probably fanciful. I sincerely hope not!
- Scalia: Voting Rights Act Is ‘Perpetuation Of Racial Entitlement’ (therealwithdarylanddevon.wordpress.com)
- Dark Day at the U.S. Supreme Court as Voting Rights Act Comes Under Rightwing Attack (bradblog.com)
- [Statement] Mutual defense, mutual respect for human and people’s rights:Not partnership for impunity -PAHRA (hronlineph.com)
- Voting rights are still vulnerable – Philadelphia Inquirer (philly.com)
- Supreme Court Poised to Declare Racism Over (motherjones.com)
- Editorial: Voting rights still need to be safeguarded (sacbee.com)
- Day of argument, analysis and action on the Voting Rights Act (afjjusticewatch.blogspot.com)
Originally posted on COTO Report:
©copyright 2013. Betsy L. Angert BeThink
Voting Rights Act CBS News
Is it fear of the darkness that dims our mind or is it the dim of our mind that is dark and damning? No one can be sure; however we can see what occurs and ask why. Why might Americans systematically deny rights to people of color? Why might the young, the most vulnerable among us, be victims of prey? Indeed, why do we prejudge people at all and why is it that even the elderly cannot escape our diabolical doings? The theories abound; answers escape us. Nevertheless, the veracity is our truth. The right to learn and the right to vote are denied.
We close their schools, deny them an equal and equitable education, and in 2013 we may ultimately rescind the voting rights of the few. In January of this year, the Journey For Justice 2 Alliance…
View original 4,587 more words