When Racketeering is Heralded As ‘Development’. The Demise of India’s Farmer in Favor of Western Agribusiness
February 11, 2013 by ajfloyd
In his January editorial piece in Kisan Ki Awaaz (National Magazine of the Farmer’s Voice), Krishan Bir Chaudhary claims there is a conscious attempt by officialdom in India to remove farmers from farming.
If his claim were to be valid, it would come as little surprise when we consider that, due to the restructuring of agriculture in favour of Western agribusiness, over 250,000 farmers have committed suicide in India since 1997. If there is such as ploy, the strategy would appear to be going according to plan. And that’s not even factoring in the unconstitutional land grabs that have booted farmers off their lands to make way for nuclear power plants, various ‘developments’ or ‘special economic zones’.
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,811,192 hits
- Celebrating Genocide – The Real Story of Thanksgiving
- HIV epidemic sweeps Europe with record number of cases reported – as WHO warns heterosexual sex and drug use is to blame
- STUPID COPS — GAG REEL…just how dumb can cops be? Watch and See…
- Mass. cop charged with bomb threat, staged shootout found dead in home
- Do you know how to open a can WITHOUT a can-opener?
- Records Reveal Minnesota Priests Raped Hundreds of Kids for Decades — and Church Buried the Evidence
- The Real Cause of Depression May Have Nothing at All to Do With Your Mind
- US Government Denies Hungry Families Thanksgiving Food Because A Pro-Cannabis Group Donated It
- Murdered Holistic Doctors Had Discovered Autism/Cancer-Causing Enzyme Intentionally Being Added to All Vaccines – Claim
- No Jab, No Pay Laws Pass Australian Parliament
- Vaccinations – No Unchallenged Justification for Mandatory Enforcement.
Handy WebsitesFree Look Ups Travel Rules from TSA
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In