When Racketeering is Heralded As ‘Development’. The Demise of India’s Farmer in Favor of Western Agribusiness
February 11, 2013 by ajfloyd
In his January editorial piece in Kisan Ki Awaaz (National Magazine of the Farmer’s Voice), Krishan Bir Chaudhary claims there is a conscious attempt by officialdom in India to remove farmers from farming.
If his claim were to be valid, it would come as little surprise when we consider that, due to the restructuring of agriculture in favour of Western agribusiness, over 250,000 farmers have committed suicide in India since 1997. If there is such as ploy, the strategy would appear to be going according to plan. And that’s not even factoring in the unconstitutional land grabs that have booted farmers off their lands to make way for nuclear power plants, various ‘developments’ or ‘special economic zones’.
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,767,859 hits
- Israel, Not Iran, Started Middle East Nuclear Arms Race
- MSNBC Cancels ‘The Cycle,’ ‘NOW With Alex Wagner,’ and ‘The Ed Show’
- Missouri nuclear plant shut down 2nd time in 8 months
- Criminal Inquiry Is Sought in Clinton Email Account
- Trump Opens McCains Treasonous Can of Worms
- Pentagon Tells Recruiters ‘No Guns’ Allowed; Close Blinds
- Chris Rock about John McCain ,Barack Obama and Flava Flav
- If vaccines don’t cause brain damage, why is GlaxoSmithKline paying out $63 million to vaccine victims?
- Israeli-linked SITE Intelligence Involved in Chattanooga Shooting Narrative
- Was Afghanistan’s Invasion Also Based on Lies?
- As American Infrastructure Crumbles, Israel Signals May Ask for More US Military Aid Over Iran Deal
- Is Australia The Next Greece?
Handy WebsitesFree Look Ups Travel Rules from TSA
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In