When Racketeering is Heralded As ‘Development’. The Demise of India’s Farmer in Favor of Western Agribusiness
February 11, 2013 by ajfloyd
In his January editorial piece in Kisan Ki Awaaz (National Magazine of the Farmer’s Voice), Krishan Bir Chaudhary claims there is a conscious attempt by officialdom in India to remove farmers from farming.
If his claim were to be valid, it would come as little surprise when we consider that, due to the restructuring of agriculture in favour of Western agribusiness, over 250,000 farmers have committed suicide in India since 1997. If there is such as ploy, the strategy would appear to be going according to plan. And that’s not even factoring in the unconstitutional land grabs that have booted farmers off their lands to make way for nuclear power plants, various ‘developments’ or ‘special economic zones’.
- 1,505,422 hits
- Is The US Military Preparing For The Collapse Of The Dollar?
- Tony Banks (of Genesis) – Earthlight & The Spirit of Gravity
- Lenny White Live in der Tante JU
- Do they Hurt Brand X
- Hawaiian Islands & Predictions about their Future [DOCUMENTARY]
- Black Garlic and Sprouted Garlic Have Enhanced Health Benefits
- The US prison system needs a total overhaul
- The Japanese Government Hides the Truth: Fukushima Radiations are Killing Children, TEPCO Employees
- Welcome to Orwellian America: Land of the Silent, Home of the Submissive
- Bob Dole Talks About Starting World War Three
- Rioting crowd severely beats 5 chengguan for killing civilian [Viewer discretion advised]
- Max Keiser – Bankers Play Both Sides of Wars
Handy WebsitesTravel Rules from TSA
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In