When Racketeering is Heralded As ‘Development’. The Demise of India’s Farmer in Favor of Western Agribusiness
February 11, 2013 by ajfloyd
In his January editorial piece in Kisan Ki Awaaz (National Magazine of the Farmer’s Voice), Krishan Bir Chaudhary claims there is a conscious attempt by officialdom in India to remove farmers from farming.
If his claim were to be valid, it would come as little surprise when we consider that, due to the restructuring of agriculture in favour of Western agribusiness, over 250,000 farmers have committed suicide in India since 1997. If there is such as ploy, the strategy would appear to be going according to plan. And that’s not even factoring in the unconstitutional land grabs that have booted farmers off their lands to make way for nuclear power plants, various ‘developments’ or ‘special economic zones’.
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,781,127 hits
- Barcelona – Please Don`t Go
- Good Medicine: Do as much nothing as possible
- China Rocked By 3rd Massive Chemical Explosion!
- US Equities Are Crashing Again – Dow Futures Down 400, S&P Down 50, Nasdaq Down 110
- The ‘Birmingham Koran’ fragment that could shake Islam after carbon-dating suggests it is OLDER than the Prophet Muhammad
- Illinois Pays Lottery Winners In IOUs After $30K/Month Budget “Guru” Fails To Produce Deal
- Australian mainstream media demands water supply be fluoridated
- NASA employees caught buying child porn from site which showed three-year-olds being abused – but they escape prosecution and now their names are being kept secret
- Visiting A Vietnamese Market – Morris
- Stop eating soy bean oil now
Handy WebsitesFree Look Ups Travel Rules from TSA
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In