When Racketeering is Heralded As ‘Development’. The Demise of India’s Farmer in Favor of Western Agribusiness
February 11, 2013 by ajfloyd
In his January editorial piece in Kisan Ki Awaaz (National Magazine of the Farmer’s Voice), Krishan Bir Chaudhary claims there is a conscious attempt by officialdom in India to remove farmers from farming.
If his claim were to be valid, it would come as little surprise when we consider that, due to the restructuring of agriculture in favour of Western agribusiness, over 250,000 farmers have committed suicide in India since 1997. If there is such as ploy, the strategy would appear to be going according to plan. And that’s not even factoring in the unconstitutional land grabs that have booted farmers off their lands to make way for nuclear power plants, various ‘developments’ or ‘special economic zones’.
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,671,636 hits
- Denver Cops Beat up a Witness to Police Misconduct
- The Khazarian Conspiracy-The Synagogue of Satan
- Oakland Police Infiltrating Demonstrations?
- 14 sights to catch before Cuba changes
- What Putin is not telling us
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About
- Leaked Emails: Obama Exerted Influence over “The Interview”
- American Public Supports Torture … Because They Don’t Know THIS
- RT Exceeds 2 Billion Views on Youtube – By Far the Biggest News Channel
- After Oil Spill in Bangladesh’s Unique Mangrove Forest, Fears About Rare Animals
- Are You Really Ready For The World To Be Ruled By Bankers?
- Iran to Australia: We warned you about the gunman
ggita32 on The Khazarian Conspiracy-The S… plucassf501 on Amnesty: One Brick in America’… robogreen on Radiation Sickness and Eb… copwatch on Oakland Police Infiltrating… plucassf501 on Amnesty: One Brick in America’… ddk on Amnesty: One Brick in America’… Robert Walker on Police officer won’t be… plucassf501 on Amnesty: One Brick in America’… K'wo on What Putin is not telling… joekano76 on 3 Things Worth Thinking A… LiLi on Are You Really Ready For The W… ddk on Amnesty: One Brick in America’… abinico warez on Are You Really Ready For The W… roberta4949 on American Public Supports Tortu… plucassf501 on Amnesty: One Brick in America’…
Handy WebsitesTravel Rules from TSA
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In