09 Feb 2013 Some researchers are focusing on the as-yet-unattainable ideal: a vaccine that would protect against all forms of the virus, with just one immunization every 10 years or so… In November, the Food and Drug Administration approved Flucelvax, manufactured by Novartis, the first U.S.-licensed flu vaccine that uses cell culture technology. The virus is grown in dog kidney cells, instead of eggs. The cells can be frozen, ready to go quickly into vaccine production if a new virus is discovered created. In January, the FDA approved Flublok, by Protein Sciences. It is made in insect cells using a protein from the virus — hemagglutinin, instead of a live virus.
« When Racketeering is Heralded As ‘Development’. The Demise of India’s Farmer in Favor of Western Agribusiness
- Mandela Eulogies – Reinventing His Disturbing Legacy
- The World of 2013 Is Obsolete!
- EXCLUSIVE: CIA Psychologist’s Notes Reveal True Purpose Behind Bush’s Torture Program
- THE PHONY PULLOUT FROM AFGHANISTAN
- The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New Form of Slavery?
- Detroit ruling opens door to pension cuts across the nation
- Record outdoor radiation level that can ‘kill in 20 minutes’ detected at Fukushima
- Whose sarin?
- Former flight attendant looks to sue over link between Parkinson’s and pesticide
- US government considered Nelson Mandela a terrorist until 2008
- The Nuclear Menace: Iran? Are You Serious? Or Delirious?
- Shanghai’s Record Pollution Is Creeping Inside Buildings
- 1,419,520 hits
Handy WebsitesTravel Rules from TSA
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In