30 Nov 2012 The median net worth of American households has dropped to a 43-year low as the lower and middle classes appear poorer and less stable than they have been since 1969. According to a recent study by New York University economics professor Edward N. Wolff, median net worth is at the decades-low figure of $57,000 (in 2010 dollars). And as the numbers in his study reflect, the situation only appears worse when all the statistics are taken as a whole. According to Wolff, between 1983 and 2010, the percentage of households with less than $10,000 in assets (using constant 1995 dollars) rose from 29.7 percent to 37.1 percent… Over that same period of time, the wealthiest 1 percent of American households increased their average wealth by 71 percent.
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,777,724 hits
- The Death of the Dollar. Prepare Yourself Accordingly.
- If Guns Weren’t in Stores
- Vester Flanagan’s father was drafted for the Green Bay Packers by legendary coach Vince Lombardi in 1960
- Why the Bear of 2015 Is Different from the Bear of 2008
- What If The “Crash” Is as Rigged as Everything Else?
- “Fukushima” No more Seafood for you?
- Ex Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney: You MUST HEAR THIS!
- Militants in Syria are agents of Israel: Assad
- Parts of California Have Sunk Over a Foot in Eight Months Due to Drought
- ‘Breaking the Fear Factor’: Opposing War, Financial Fraud and State Terrorism and Dismantling Propaganda
- US Media Blackout: French Oppose Vaccines
Handy WebsitesFree Look Ups Travel Rules from TSA
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In