‘A central premise of US media coverage of the Israeli attack on Gaza – beyond the fact that Israel is justifiably “defending itself” – is that this is some endless conflict between two foreign entitles, and Americans can simply sit by helplessly and lament the tragedy of it all. The reality is precisely the opposite: Israeli aggression is possible only because of direct, affirmative, unstinting US diplomatic, financial and military support for Israel and everything it does. This self-flattering depiction of the US as uninvolved, neutral party is the worst media fiction since TV news personalities covered the Arab Spring by pretending that the US is and long has been on the side of the heroic democratic protesters, rather than the key force that spent decades propping up the tyrannies they were fighting.’
Americans Can’t Pretend the US Is a Neutral Party in the Israeli Assault on Gaza
November 19, 2012 by ajfloyd
- Follow THE INTERNET POST on WordPress.com
- 1,778,167 hits
- Stop eating soy bean oil now
- City Life
- Why Manufactured FEAR Is Required
- The Death of the Dollar. Prepare Yourself Accordingly.
- If Guns Weren’t in Stores
- Vester Flanagan’s father was drafted for the Green Bay Packers by legendary coach Vince Lombardi in 1960
- Why the Bear of 2015 Is Different from the Bear of 2008
- What If The “Crash” Is as Rigged as Everything Else?
- “Fukushima” No more Seafood for you?
- Ex Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney: You MUST HEAR THIS!
- Militants in Syria are agents of Israel: Assad
- Parts of California Have Sunk Over a Foot in Eight Months Due to Drought
Handy WebsitesFree Look Ups Travel Rules from TSA
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In