The only certainty is that YOU’RE paying for the hysteria of our politicians.
Who would possibly have thought it? The latest news is that the world may be threatened by a sharp drop in temperatures, possibly so severe that it could herald a new mini ice age.
And one reason being put forward for this is that all the pollution being chucked out by thousands of coal-fired power stations may be blocking the sun’s heat from the Earth.
So here we have the pollution as a cause for cooler conditions, whereas the previous post pointed to the sun’s decreasing output due to an extended minimum and anticipated lower maximum in cycle 24. I am happy with the lower sun activity as the major cause, with volcanic and industrial pollution supplementing.
Whatever the detailed issues, the IPCC theory of CO2 levels forcing global temperature up has been left far behind. The computer modelled catastrophic temperature rise has been severely dented. Even if after another decade, during which CO2 levels may well have reached 400ppm, the temperature will then be more likely less than now, rather than more. (Based on this author’s conjectures).
Read the whole Sott.net article here.
- Are we headed for a new ice age? (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- Scientists Now Predict a new Little Ice Age is Near (chimalaya.org)
- “Earth Facing Mini Ice Age!!” Say The Media (milkandcookies.com)
- TEN MYTHS about Global Warming (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- Eminent geophysicist rejects global warming theory, says world on verge of ‘mini ice age’ (tipggita32.wordpress.com)