With riots in the streets and poll ratings in the basement, French President Nicolas Sarkozy is under pressure from both home and abroad to delay delivery of a refitted jet that will cost the taxpayer £151million. German Chancellor Angela Merkel is among those who have apparently told the luxury loving Sarkozy that now might not be the best time to take charge of the aircraft that is said to be dripping with ‘bling’. German sources say she advised Sarkozy earlier this week, at a meeting where the pair cut a controversial deal aimed at protecting the euro, to ‘hold back’ on taking deliver of the aircraft currently undergoing a series of final test flights over the Indian Ocean and South Pacific French administered islands.
Nicolas Sarkozy warned by German Chancellor not to unveil £150m ‘bling’ presidential jet
October 29, 2010 by bjjangles
Posted in economics, government, protest, taxes | Tagged Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany, David Cameron, European Union, Germany, Indian Ocean, Member State of the European Union, Nicolas Sarkozy | 4 Comments
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Sponsors of this month
- Obama ‘Is a War Criminal’
- 5 Things No One Tells You About the Military Industrial Complex
- President Obama we do not expect harmful levels of radiation to reach the U.S.mpg
- Bill Gates Retakes World’s Richest Title From Carlos Slim
- Inspectors find radioactive leak at Entergy nuclear plant
- 7 Foreign Chemical Engineers Caught Trespassing at Boston Water Supply
- Larry “pull it” Silverstein builds ANOTHER tower!
- NO BANK DEPOSITS WILL BE SPARED FROM CONFISCATION
- Emergency G-7 Meeting: Elite Ready to Pull the Trigger?
- Smoking Marijuana Causes ‘Complete Remission’ of Crohn’s Disease, No Side Effects, New Study Shows
- How the Boston Bombings May Change the World for the Worse!
- “U.S. Guilty of Genocide in Guatemala” Should be the Real Headline.The Conviction of Former Dictator Efrain Rios Montt. Who was Pulling The Strings?
- 346,857 hits
Handy WebsitesTravel Rules from TSA
- Alex's Journeys
- Ken McMurtrie
- yuma progressive
Authors Log In